Monday 6 June 2011

So, my third post in three days!!!

So what’s been going on over the past month? Well it’s been an extremely busy one, with college work taken up most of my time. But there have also been some interesting events throughout the month. My two last posts detailed the two of the larger happenings, but other interesting happens included finally getting a chance to hear the words of wisdom as preached by Andrew Dubber. Speaking of the evolution of communicational mediums, his thoughts on how the Internet should be used and his loathing of MySpace. I have also been teacher assisting on a 4-week HCFE Level one music tech course, which was certainly a new experience and one that took me out of my comfort zone.

What’s this month have install for me?

Well tomorrow I’ve been given the opportunity to sit in on a “Guest-Mix” with Paul Tipler, whos an engineer/producer who has worked with the likes of Squeeze, Placebo, Idlewild, Elastica, to name a few. So it’s going be immense to see how an industry engineer tackles a mix from scratch.

Wednesday, Richard and I are preparing a business plan presentation for the Freeth and Cartwright sponsorship. If won, the £5000 prize would certainly help us take our ideas for location recordings onto the next level.

At the end of the month I’ll hopefully be taking the Apple Certification Logic 101 course. After going through the example questions, it became obvious to me that the course will be both good and worryingly in-depth. So I need to dust of the old revision cap and do me some reading!

Amongst all that, I aim to indulge oneself in the art of music creation with the Ally Barber and I think I should also find a job, as this poor student life isn’t all that fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment